Submission Guidelines for Papers, Posters, and Presentationsp>Follow the instructions below to submit to Papers, Posters, and Presentations. Before submitting, please read all relevant policies.
PART 0: Before you Start
- Please ensure that the material is appropriate for publication in this repository: You should only submit material that:
- is complete and finished (no drafts).
- conforms to all applicable policies.
- was produced by you, in whole or in part, as an author or creator.
- has been endorsed by a faculty member (see below, PART 2).
PART 1: Getting Started
- Set up a (free) account on AUC Knowledge Fountain (="Fount"), by clicking on My Account at the top of the homepage.
- Follow the “Sign up” link at the bottom of the page to reach the account creation form.
- Please ensure that you enter your name EXACTLY as it appears on your AUC documents.
- Check your email, and activate your account by clicking on the link provided in the message.
PART 2: Preparing your material
You will need to upload electronic copies of the following:
- The final version of your work:
- All parts, including the bibliography, must be contained in one file.
- Supplementary files (such as datasets, audiovisual recordings, etc...), if applicable.
- IRB Approval Form (if needed)
You also need to prepare the follwing items, so that you can copy them into the submission form:
- The title of your submission
- The abstract (up to 250 words)
- A list of keywords (10 maximum)
- The full names of all contributors, and their email addresses
Letter of endorsement
Finally, obtain a letter of endorsement from your faculty supervisor. This can be an email, but a template for this letter is also available online. Save this letter in PDF format, so that you can upload it as the final step in the submission process.
PART 3: Uploading your work
The online submission process has four steps:
- Approving the Submission Agreement
- Filling the online submission form
- Attaching the main file of your work
- Uploading supplementary files, and the required forms listed above.
Please review, and approve the terms of the Submission Agreement. Note that this agreement does not entail a transfer of rights: You retain full copyright of your work. By consenting to the Submission Agreement, you grant a license to AUC to publish your work on your behalf. Please print the license page for future reference.
After you approve the Submission Agreement, you will be taken to a form. Please fill all applicable fields on this form. Some fields are required, and detailed instructions are given below for each of the fields.
Title: Enter the complete title of your work, exactly as it appears on the cover page of your work.
Name: Your name should automatically appear in the author field. If not, then please enter it here; please ensure that your name matches the name on your AUC records.
AUC ID Number: Provide your full ID number. This will NOT be displayed publicly in Fount.
Abstract: Copy the abstract you prepared for your work.
Department: Select the name of your department from the drop-down menu.
Degree Name: Select the name of your degree from the drop-down menu.
Graduation Date: Enter the month and year of your expected graduation ceremony. If you are not sure about the date, you can provide an approximate date.
First Advisor: Enter the name of your work advisor, as it appears in your work.
Committee Member: Enter the names of the members of your committee, as they appear in your work
Document type: Select "MA Thesis" or "PhD Dissertation" from the pull-down menu.
Language: Select the language(s) in which your work is written. You may select more than one option.
Number of pages: Enter the total number of pages of your work, based on the last numbered page, and enter "p." after that number.
Keywords: Enter a maximum of ten keyword descriptors (words or phrases) that are important for describing your work.
Subject Categories: Please select the subject category that best fits your work.
Uploading the work
- To upload your work, select the radio button "upload from this computer", then click on the “Browse” button and select your file.
- Important: You will need to upload several forms with your thesis, so the "Supplemental Files" box MUST be checked.
- Click on "Submit"
Adding required forms and supplemental files
After submitting the form, you will be taken to a page where you can upload additional files. These include:
- The endorsement email or letter (see above, Part 2: Preparing your material)
- Supplemental files: Datasets, spreadsheets, audiovisual files, etc... that are part of your thesis
To upload supplemental files, please proceed as follows:
- Choose “Browse” to find additional files to upload.
- For supplemental files related to the content of your thesis check the “Show” box so files will be available to the public. For required forms leave the "Show" box empty so that files will not be available to the public.
- Type in a title or descriptor for each file.
- Click “Save”.
- Click “Continue” and you will be returned to the submission form.
When you have completed entering information into all fields on the form, click the “Submit” button to submit your work and any supplemental files to AUC Knowledge Fountain. By doing so you agree to give permission for your work to be made available on AUC Knowledge Fountain. You will still retain the copyright, and will be able to publish the content of your work elsewhere._
PART 4: Finalizing the submission process
After you click “Submit” on the form, you will be sent to a page displaying the information you entered. Double check that the information you entered is correct. If you have corrections to make, click the “Revise Submission” option, which will take you back into the previous screen where you can make any necessary changes. Be sure to click “Save” after any changes are made.
You will receive a confirmation email when you have successfully submitted your work. Within a few business days Library staff will review your submission, and approve its inclusion in AUC Knowledge Fountain.You will receive an email from the Library alerting you of this, and also informing the Registrar that your work submission to Fount has been approved (submission of your thesis to Fount is a required point on your graduation checklist. If any changes are needed to your submission, however, the Library will contact you about additional actions needed by you.