Submission Guidelines for Capstone and Graduation Projects
Follow the instructions below to submit to Capstone and Graduation Projects. Before submitting, please read all relevant policies.
PART 0: Before you start
Please ensure that the material is appropriate for publication in this repository: You should only submit material that:
- is complete and finished (no drafts).
- conforms to all applicable policies.
- was produced by you, in whole or in part, as an author or creator.
- has been approved by all parties (see below, PART 2).
PART 1: Setting up your account
- Set up a (free) account on AUC Knowledge Fountain (="Fount"), by clicking on My Account at the top of the homepage.
- Follow the “Sign up” link at the bottom of the page to reach the account creation form.
- Please ensure that you enter your name EXACTLY as it appears on your AUC documents.
- Check your email, and activate your account by clicking on the link provided in the message.
If any of your citations were migrated from other systems, you may already have an account. You will receive a notification that your email is in use already. Please follow the links shown to reset your password.
PART 2: Preparing your material
First, ensure that you have the file(s) that you would like to submit. If your capstone/graduation project consists of text, please ensure that all parts and chapters contained in one file. Please use the follwing formats:
- Text: .doc/.docx OR .pdf OR .odt OR .rtf
- Presentations: .ppt
- Data sheets: .xls
- Audio: .wav OR .mp3
- Video: .avi OR .mp4
Then, prepare the follwing items, so that you can copy them into the submission form:
- The title of your submission
- The abstract (up to 250 words)
- A list of keywords (10 maximum)
- The full names of all contributors, and their email addresses
Proof of approval
If your capstone/gradution project was presented or defended before a committee, you may already have an official statement that it was approved. Please save this in .pdf format, so taht you can upload it as the final step of the submission process.
Alternatively, you may provide any other proof of approval that you have received from your advisor or department. If you do not have any document to show approval of your project, then please ask your advisor for a letter of endorsement. A template for this letter is available online. Save this letter in PDF format, so that you can upload it.
PART 3: Uploading your material
The online submission process has four steps:
- Approving the Submission Agreement
- Filling the online submission form
- Attaching the main file (i.e. your recording)
- Uploading additional files (scripts, stills, etc., if applicable)
Please review, and approve the terms of the Submission Agreement. Note that this agreement does not entail a transfer of rights: By consenting to the Submission Agreement, you grant a license to AUC to publish your work on your behalf. The agreement includes the following important warranties:
- That you are the sole and unrestricted owner of the material.
- That the material does not infringe copyright or any proprietary right of any third party.
- That you have obtained written permission to use any copyrighted materials included in your material.
- That the material does not invade the right of privacy of any third person, or contain any matter libelous or otherwise in contravention of the rights of any third person, and, if the material is not a work of fiction, all statements asserted as facts are true or are based upon reasonable research for accuracy.
- That the material contains no matter which is obscene, nor does it violate any federal or state statute or regulation, nor is it in any other manner unlawful.
The full terms are contained in the Submission Agreement itself. Please print the license page for future reference.
After you approve the Submission Agreement, you will be taken to a form. Please fill all applicable fields on this form. Some fields are required, and detailed instructions are provided for each field on the form.
At the end of the submission form, you will be prompted to upload your material. Use this feature to select the main file that contains the core of your capstone/graduation project. Please ensure that all chapters are contained in this main file.
- Select the radio button labeled "Upload file from your computer".
- Click on the “Browse” button and select the file which contains your material.
- Important: Check the "Additional Files" box.
- Click on "Submit".
Adding the letter of endorsement and additional files
After submitting the form, you will be taken to a page where you can upload more files. Begin by uploading your proof of approval or letter of endorsement, then continue to upload any other files (e.g. datasets, scripts, still images, documentation, etc.) that are part of the project.
To upload supplemental files, please proceed as follows:
- Choose “Browse” to find files to upload.
- Type in a title or descriptor for each file.
- Check the “Show” box so files will be available to the public.
- Click “Save”.
- Repeat these steps for each additional file.
When you have completed entering information into all fields on the form, click the “Submit” button to submit your material and any additional files to AUC Knowledge Fountain.
PART 4: Finalizing the submission process
After you click “Submit” on the form, you will be sent to a page displaying the information you entered. Double check that the information you entered is correct. If you have corrections to make, click the “Revise Submission” option, which will take you back into the previous screen where you can make any necessary changes. Be sure to click “Save” after any changes are made.
You will receive a confirmation email when you have successfully submitted your material. Within a few business days Library staff will review your submission, and approve its inclusion in AUC Knowledge Fountain. If any changes are needed to your submission, the Library will contact you about additional actions needed by you. In the meantime, if you have any questions please contact email@example.com.